MadeToTag for InDesign – Making content acessible!
Tagged PDFs are essential for accessibility, so that screen reader devices for visually impaired people or reading software for users with learning disabilities can provide rich access to a PDF’s content. Tagged PDFs also enable screen reader software porgrammes to offer easy navigation and accessible presentation of content in PDF files.
PDF tags are an effective method to improve your company’s Search Engine Optimisation as well. The tags in the PDF file follow concepts similar to those found in HTML and properly used tags place websites higher in the search engine rankings.
MadeToTag has a very handy list of shortcuts for quick and easy tagging, problem locators to avoid mistakes and previews of collected or not collected articles for a better overview increase the operator’s productivity.
Instead of tedious dragging and dropping, you can easily structure your InDesign files via shortcuts. MadeToTag includes a problem locator that identifies and automatically fixes problems you usually encounter within InDesign; such as incorrect hyphens, misplaced hard returns or incorrectly formatted lists. It also locates images that don’t have an alternative text, which is required for creating accessible PDFs. Missing alternative texts can be added within seconds.
MadeToTag links text and paragraph styles to tags, structures the reading order by putting articles in sequence, and helps the user to add descriptions to images and graphics.
MadeToTag’s keyboard shortcuts allow the user to process documents quickly and MadeToTag’s interface guides the user through all of the steps involved in using tags to structure InDesign files, with the aim of producing a standardised accessible PDF file.
The tool’s colour scheme provides a in-depth overview of which text areas, articles, graphics and pages have already been assigned structural information and lets you know if there are any elements missing.
The Problem Finder quickly detects and fixes problems like incorrect hyphens, empty paragraphs, images that don’t have alternative text or lists without list paragraph styles.
MadeToTag lets you accurately assign languages to text to individual paragraphs or single words. Accessible PDFs can be exported to individual pages or spreads at the push of a button. Exported files are prepared (if needed) to be in line with requirements.
MadeToTag has an easy to use function palette that covers all of the tasks involved in structuring an InDesign file.
Easily generate tagged PDFs in five steps
- Task 1 Define and review export tags
- Task 2 Structure content into articles
- Task 3 Display and edit alternate text
- Task 4 Review document metadata
- Task 5 Create tagged PDF
- Reliable and comprehensive structuring and tagging of different content
- Colour highlighting feature prevents missing or mistagged content
- Tagging structure preview for better control
- Optimised user interface enables fast processing
- Optimal support for legal requirements for physically impaired people and for accessibility in the information technology
- Define export tags for document styles
- Structure content using articles
- Correctly structure lists, tables, links and form fields
- Use Structure Preview based on callas pdfGoHTML for quick tagging quality checks
- Check export tags with colored preview
- Provide alternate text for images and graphics
- Check for insufficient colour contrast
- Easily fix common problems (such as incorrectly defined lists)
- Add settings for primary and further languages used in the document
- Structure all tables including in the document
- Control document metadata
- Intuitive user interface flow based on six tasks
- Keyboard shortcuts for quickest operation
- Export optimised, tagged PDF using callas pdfToolbox technology
There are no reviews yet.